In Some Cases, Visitation Must Be Supervised

At the law firm of Michelle A. Barry, P.A., we understand that just because you may be struggling with certain personal issues, it doesn't mean that you don't love your children or want to spend time with them. It does, however, mean that the courts do not think it's in your children's best interests to be in your custody.

Losing custody of a child or the right to visit them can be heart wrenching for parents and we empathize with those feelings. That's why we take a personalized approach to these types of child custody and visitation situations. We can help you seek a creative solution, such as having a third party present during parenting time.

For many, supervised visitation is less than ideal, but if it gives you the chance to see your children again, you may see it as the best solution to your situation.

When Is It Necessary To Have A Third Party Present?

Supervised child visitation is necessary whenever the court believes that the children may be in danger if left alone with one parent. Maybe the father has a restraining order against him, or maybe the mother is in a drug rehabilitation program, for instance.

Who Can Act As That Third Party?

The third party who supervises the visitation time can be almost anyone, as long as he or she is deemed responsible. It may be an extended family member, such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle. It may also be an unrelated party, such as a family therapist or counselor.

Where Can Supervised Visitation Take Place?

The location can also be very flexible. Depending on the particular issues and needs of the parent and the children in question, supervised visitation may take place in a counselor's office, at a public playground, in the parent's home or at another location.

In most cases, the children will not stay overnight with the parent unless the entire time is supervised.

Learn More At A Consultation With A Lawyer

At the law office of Michelle A. Barry, P.A., we understand the intricacies of family law issues, including those concerning supervised visitation. We know the stress you're under and the confusion you may have. We want you to know we're here for you through it all, providing you with guidance and support.

For answers to your questions, request a confidential consultation today. Call our office in Longwood, Florida, by phone at 407-622-4529 (toll free 888-351-8303) or contact us online.

A free 15-minute initial telephone consultation is available to discuss your case. Email documents to us prior to a call for the most beneficial use of your time. In-person consultations are available at a reduced rate that will be put toward a retainer. We accept all major credit cards for your convenience.