Helping Grandparents Explore Their Legal Options

In many families, grandparents play a pivotal role in raising their grandchildren. Although grandparents' rights are not necessarily covered by statute in Florida, there are legal options available that ensure the continuation of the grandchild/grandparent relationship.

At Michelle A. Barry, P.A., we help grandparents throughout Central Florida and the state in legal matters that affect their relationships with their grandchildren, particularly in cases where there are allegations of neglect, abuse or violence. Whether we're helping a grandparent seek temporary custody through a court order or attempting to make a custody arrangement permanent, we guide our clients through the process from beginning to end.

Temporary Custody By A Grandparent

A grandparent in Florida can seek temporary custody of a grandchild in certain circumstances. If a parent is unable to provide care for a child, or if the health or safety of a child is at risk by living with his or her parent, a grandparent may seek temporary custody.

Legal Services For Changing Families

As times change, families change. It is common today for grandparents to raise their grandchildren, for multiple generations to live in one household and for children to be raised by one parent. At the law office of Michelle A. Barry, P.A., we offer legal services to assist families of all shapes and sizes in a variety of legal matters:

Contact Us Today

If you are a grandparent who is seeking temporary custody, or if you are a parent looking for answers to questions about child custody disputes and visitation, contact us online or call 407-622-4529 (toll free 888-351-8303).

We are available during regular business hours and by appointment. A free 15-minute initial telephone consultation is available to discuss your case. Email documents to us prior to a call for the most beneficial use of your time. In-person consultations are available at a reduced rate that will be put toward a retainer. We accept all major credit cards.